Comment on page
Competitive vs Private Auditings
Competitive Smart Contract Audits vs. Private Audits
Understanding the differences between competitive and private smart contract audits can be pivotal in deciding the appropriate auditing service for your project. This guide provides clarity on their value propositions, helping you choose the most effective method for your needs.
- Competitive Audits: These involve multiple auditors (potentially hundreds) competing to find bugs in your codebase. It's a high-volume approach, often likened to a "firehose" due to the vast array of feedback received.
- Private Audits: These are more like consultations. You work closely with a dedicated team or individual to thoroughly review your codebase, ask questions, and receive personalized feedback.
- Duration: The time taken for both audit types largely depends on the length and complexity of the codebase.
Competitive audits bring the benefit of volume, with many eyes on your project. However, the expertise level can vary. Private audits on the other hand provide a more personalized approach, ensuring consistent quality and more in-depth support to your team to ensure best practices are followed throughout the whole project, but perhaps not the sheer volume of feedback.
Recommendation: Ideally, projects should consider leveraging both types of audits to get the comprehensive coverage and insights they need.
Both audit methods are currently viewed as effective for identifying vulnerabilities. The distinction is more in the style of feedback and the relationship with auditors and your team.
Deciding between competitive and private smart contract audits depends on your project's needs and preferences.
Whether you're leaning towards competitive or private audits, CodeHawks and Cyfrin bring unparalleled value to your smart contract auditing needs.
- CodeHawks: Leverage the power of the crowd. Hundreds of skilled auditors compete to ensure your code is robust and secure.
- Cyfrin: Dedicated, in-depth analysis with consistent expertise to guide your project from inception to deployment.